The most anticipated annual hip hop dance competition is back! Dance crews will square off to become Australia's best dance crew.
Looze Control is an annual Hip Hop Dance Competition that showcases the best dance crews from around Australia. What started in 2006 at The Riverside Theatre - Parramatta, has now become one of Australia's biggest and most anticipated hip hop dance competition of the year. The competition provides a competitive platform for passionate dance crews to showcase their ability and style in a 6 to 8 member dance crew where a panel of 6 judges determines which crew walks away with the prizes, trophy and the bragging rights!
In our inaugural event, previous Looze Control has set the bench mark on what it takes to be titled Looze Control's Best Dance Crew. It has now gone on becoming one of Australia biggest annual dance competition on the calendar, providing spectacular performances by international dance crews, judges, dance workshops and YouTube performances all staged in some of Sydney’s best venues.
Looze Control will continue its promise to increase its level of competitiveness by:
- Introducing a High School division to increase more students to take participate
- Increasing the competition prize money
- Making the competition more attractive for interstate and New Zealand dance crews
- Feature more international dance crews and YouTube artists to guest perform
- Have more dance workshops from international choreographers around Australia
- Create more buzz and interactions with dancers and fans on social media
- Take the dancers journey to new and higher experiences
- Attract major sponsors who not only see's the potential in the sport but believes in developing the growth for the dance genre with special attention to attracting more youths to get on the dance floor.
Looze Control breaks away from other dance competitions as being the first and only dance competition capable of featuring showcases from international dance crews as seen on “MTV’s Americas Best Dance Crew” season one winners the Jabbawockeez, third place winners Kaba Modern, season two winners Super Crew, season five winners Poreotics, Brian Puspos with the Architeks and Victor Kim, Mike Song and Anthony Lee as Yomama Crew. In addition, we have been the first to have special performances from YouTube sensations Traphik, Jreyez, Joseph Vincent and JR Aquino.
Furthermore to our achievement, Looze Control is proud to have made the following accomplishments in improving the dance scene in Australia:
- The first to have placed the competition in its inaugural year in a first class venue Riverside Theatre, Parramatta. Going on to hold the following competitions at other great venues such as Panthers Exhibition Pavillion, The Forum, The Whitlam Centre, Sydney Town Hall and Sydney Exhibition Centre.
- The first to introduce International standard judging criteria as used in Hip Hop International.
- The first to introduce a 6 or 8 member judging panel resulting in fair and accurate decisions.
- Included international guests judges like Arnel Calvario founder of Kaba Modern, Jesse Santos who choreographed for Britney Spears, Dominic "D-Trix" Sandoval season three winners of MTV ABDC along with Quest Crew who later became a judge on the hit show, Marquese 'Nonstop' Scott and members of Kaba Modern, Super Crew and Poreotics.
Looze Control is rapidly growing to become Australia’s best dance competition, join the hype, get with the movement and Looze Control!
t. @nojonevents | fb. facebook.com/loozecontrol | yt. www.youtube.com/readytoloozecontrol
50% O F F R E G I S T R A T I O N | I N T E R S T A T E A N D I N T E R N A T I O N A L C R E W S
L O O Z E C O N T R O L VIII | PHOTOS
O U R C H A M P I O N S
JUNIORS | 2008 Urban Force Riverside Theatre, Parramatta | 2009 D’Struct The Forum, Moore Park | 2010 Urban Youth Project Whitlam Leisure Centre, Liverpool | 2011 Ziggity Sydney Town Hall | 2012 Urbageddon Liverpool Festival | 2013 Little Miss Sydney Exhibition Centre | 2014 Gap Year
FRESHMAN | 2010 Kookiez N Kream Whitlam Leisure Centre, Liverpool | 2011 Kookiez N Kream Sydney Town Hall | 2013 Relentless Sydney Exhibition Centre | 2014 Gap Year
OPENS | 2006 Groovesteps Riverside Theatre, Parramatta | 2007 Psalms Exhibition Marquee, Penrith | 2008 Seapuuog Riverside Theatre, Parramatta | 2009 Psyke The Forum, Moore Park | 2010 Phly Crew Whitlam Leisure Centre, Liverpool | 2011 IQ (NZ) Sydney Town Hall | 2012 Phly Crew Liverpool Festival | 2013 Phly Crew Sydney Exhibition Centre | 2014 Gap Year
C R E D I T S
This list compiles the awesome people that we are forever grateful for and who in the past and present made the Looze Control experience Australia's best Hip Hop dance competition.
STAFF: John Ortiz Producer. Event Manager | Jose Corpus Production Manager | Armand Abogado Official DJ. Graphic Designer. Web & Content Manager | Harris Karatzetzos Graphic Designer. Photographer | Eileen Racca Marketing Manager | Brigid O'Farrel Marketing Manager | Yee Nguyen Production Manager. Operations Manager. Graphic Designer | Kim Quach Judical Judge | Jan Ortiz Technical Production Manager | Marina Thamin Head Promoter | Susan Vo FOH Manager. Promotions Manager | Jermaine Buttang PR/HR Manager | Don Valix Production Coordinator | Kathy Zhao Head Promoter | Sinn Technical Production Manager | Phillip Leck Media Coordinator. Tour Manager | Marie de Jesus Judicial Judge | Daryl Ortiz Chief Financial Officer. Judicial Judge. Ticket Coordinator | Joanne Ortiz Accountant
MCS: Ania Aquino 2006 | Carlos D Fernades 2008 2009 | Andy MAXWELL Tuumaga BRI 2009 | Timothy Delaghetto TRAPHIK 2010 | Theegan THEEGZ Moodley 2012 2013
DEEJAYS: Wayne TEKKAMAN 2006 | Chris SAAVY Davidson 2008 2009 | MOOKZ 2008 | Jovan EKO Balagtas 2010 | Armand XCENTRIK Abogado 2011 2012 2013
Did we forget to mention you? Please let us know email@example.com